
Nan Goldin, NYC 1983
ATM + I are real slow to decorate the walls of our home because we gotta be really really sure. Last week, during my lunch break, I came across this wee art deco style shelf with mirrors at Sweet Home Furnishings. It's now hanging, with confidence, in our bedroom. Good lighting at night.

We've grown tired of all of the contingencies that come with a kitchen renovation, so we decided to do something well within our control (I think) and bought a dishwasher. The way our temporary kitchen situation is, we can go ahead and start using it right away. I think this will boost morale and dish cleansing performance. The only way I can make this news exciting is with this exhilarating promo photo:
This track off the Liars' new album is so good, it's been stuck in my head for days now. The video is brilliant with it's using the same 9 second clip over and over again:
New sounds from the Eagulls:
I found four kinds of daffodils in our yard. Of our (going on) five years living here, they've not blossomed as strong and hard as they have this time:

Started some new batches of tofu misozuke. Still looking for a conscientious business person to help me with this. This is a serious inquiry. Know anyone?

Since spring is here, I've been wanting to eat all of the green veg like sweet peas and asparagus. And rhubarb, the official harbinger of Spring. Folks around here don't really like to touch the stuff and ATM attributes my liking it to being part Yankee. Is that true? I don't see how one can resist strawberry-rhubarb pie. Anyway, last Friday, I made peas & pasta, a seriously delicious springy green dish. I think you'd like it.
Ingredients:
1 cup dried pasta (we used mini penne)
2 cups shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 shallot, peeled and quartered
1/4 c finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
1/4 c whipping cream
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 c peas the last 2 mins of cooking. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta.
In a food processor, combing remaining peas, basil, shallot, 2 T of the Parmesan, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c of the reserved pasta water. Process until smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add and cook prosciutto until crispy. Remove to paper towel to drain. Cut prosciutto into think strips and set aside. Add cream to skillet; bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered for 1 minute. Add pasta, blended pea mixture, and the remaining 1/2 c pasta water. Toss gently until heated through. Gently mix in prosciutto and remaining Parmesan. Chow down!

1 comment:
I am fascinated by this misozuke. Next time I come to visit can I please try some? In all my years of eating Japanese food, and being raised on a macrobiotic diet, I had never heard of it before you!
can't wait to see your new kitchen either.
Okay, dammit. I just need to plan a weekend where I can come on down. Text me some available dates?
Post a Comment